October's Topic: Simplify Your Presentation
Mike Costa will facilitate a discussion around simplifying your presentation. Simplifying and decluttering your presentation not only prevents PowerPoint poisoning, it also comes with a bonus—smooth and calm delivery. Improve your ability to share your story, explain your project or communicate your message. We may also touch (lightly) on the science behind popular practices. We’ll acknowledge reality and discuss methods for dealing with less than ideal conditions.
In this session we’ll share helpful hints and easy techniques to:
· Stay calm and confident
· Move content into a polite format (PowerPoint or another)
· Avoid myths that create road blocks
· Reinforce truths to stay on track
· Prepare for the unexpected
· Deal with the expected…or short notice prep (translated; need it yesterday)
Join us at The Consultant’s SIG.
In 2019, we will meet every other month, on the third Monday, from 6:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. at Cool Springs Brewery in the back room, or upstairs, at 600A Frazier Dr #135, Franklin, TN 37067.
This SIG is designed to meet the unique needs of ATD Nashville’s consultant members. We always have lively conversations on topics related to talent development. Please join us to network, share needs or gather resources. Themes vary monthly.
If you would like to present a case study or best practices please contact Mark Kenny or Doug Gray so that we inform others about your topic.The SIG is open to all consultants (internal, external, and those considering becoming one). We encourage you to join us to:
• Meet people who have a broad range of consulting experience.
• Bring a current work challenge, idea, reading topic, or new tool to add to the group discussion.
• Relax and enjoy socializing with a great group of ATD Nashville people.
• Enjoy a delicious dinner with great conversations.
Register and join us on Mondays starting at 6:00 pm.
If you have any questions about the SIG contact Doug Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Kenny at email@example.com. We hope to see you shortly!