Jon Hillegeist, L&D Transformation Catalyst, In Transition
You’ve heard of the research. Emotional Intelligence is a greater contributor to effectiveness in the workplace and in life than IQ intelligence. You could probably share off the top of your head some EQ areas you’d like to develop. Maybe you’ve taken a good crack at developing in those areas with limited success. For many of us, the issue isn’t so much what we want to change, but how.
In this session you will learn a number of powerful, proven techniques for personal growth and transformation, including:
- The Stimulus > Belief > Response model
- Why managing our beliefs is more effective than trying to control what happens in the world (e.g. stimulus) or our emotions and actions (responses).
- Tools for Identifying Underlying Beliefs
- Building Motivation for Changing Beliefs
- Steps for Changing Beliefs
- Dynamics of Fear, Empowerment and Judgments
Jon uses his learning and development, change management and data analytics skills to help learning organizations and the clients we serve significantly improve their performance. To date he has led large scale training programs in areas including leadership, management, sales, marketing, quality and manufacturing development. His clients report that his programs have changed cultures and impacted the bottom line by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Jon is currently exploring opportunities in companies with 1,000 or more employees that have virtual positions or are located in or south of Brentwood. He can be reached at (931) 505-2899, email@example.com, and through his LinkedIn profile.
Join us at The Consultant’s SIG.
In 2019, we will meet every other month, on the third Monday, from 6:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. at Cool Springs Brewery in the back room, or upstairs, at 600A Frazier Dr #135, Franklin, TN 37067.
This SIG is designed to meet the unique needs of ATD Nashville’s consultant members. We always have lively conversations on topics related to talent development. Please join us to network, share needs or gather resources. Themes vary monthly.
If you would like to present a case study or best practices please contact Mark Kenny or Doug Gray so that we inform others about your topic.The SIG is open to all consultants (internal, external, and those considering becoming one). We encourage you to join us to:
• Meet people who have a broad range of consulting experience.
• Bring a current work challenge, idea, reading topic, or new tool to add to the group discussion.
• Relax and enjoy socializing with a great group of ATD Nashville people.
• Enjoy a delicious dinner with great conversations.
Register and join us on Mondays starting at 6:00 pm.
If you have any questions about the SIG contact Doug Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Kenny at email@example.com. We hope to see you shortly!